Chocolate Chip cookies is one of my go to recipes, especially if Hayden, my toddler is joining in with helping. Its a quick and easy recipe and they always turn out very tasty!
This recipe uses milk chocolate chips but you can add anything you want really, including mini marshmallows, white chocolate chips, freeze dried raspberries, nuts etc.
Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 150 g Soft unsalted butter
- 300 g Plain flour
- 125 g soft light brown sugar
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 packet milk chocolate chips Can add whatever you like here really, sometimes we use mini marshmallows as well as chocolate chips.
- 1 Egg from the fridge
- 1 Egg yolk from the fridge
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius/gas mark 3
- Melt the butter and let it cool down slightly
- Add brown and white sugars together in a bowl and then add the melted butter and mix together
- Add the vanilla and eggs to the bowl and mix together until creamy and light consistency
- Gradually add the flour and bicarb to the mixture and mix.
- Once just combined then add your chocolate chips etc and fold into the mixture
- Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper (Tip: dot small amounts of cookie mixture in corners of baking sheet so baking paper will stick and stay in place)
- use a 60ml cup measure or ice cream scoop to measure out each cookie and position these equally spaced on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes. They are ready when the edges are lightly toasted.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes, and then transfer to wire rack.
- The cookies will last about 5 days after baking, stored in an airtight container.
- Can be frozen after being baked or can freeze the unbaked cookie dough
So there you have it, a simple easy foolproof recipe for delicious chocolate chip cookies! I love to eat these warm, fresh out the oven with a tall glass of milk or a cuppa!